Kubota New Zealand Limited, also trading as Kubota New Zealand Finance, (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (i.e. a natural person).
In handling your personal information, we are bound by, and comply with, the Privacy Act 2020 (the “Act”) and its Information Privacy Principles.
1. Collection of personal information
The information we collect varies depending on the purposes for which it is collected, but may include:
- personal identification information and contact details (including residential address);
- financial information, credit history, banking details;
- information about personal assets;
- drivers licence and passport details;
- personal and trade references;
- employment and/or business history;
- recordings of conversations with us;
- asset identification details which identify an individual as the owner.
If you choose not to provide this information, our ability to assist you may be restricted. Wherever possible, we will collect your information directly from you through contact with us (for example, in a meeting, or via an email, telephone conversation or our website). We will collect the information you provide, when you fill out a product or service application form or over the telephone, or through our interactive facilities, such as customer enquiry, customer rebate forms, or comment forms. We may also collect information from other parties including:
- your authorised personnel and agents;
- credit reporters in some circumstances (see section 4 below);
- finance brokers, financial advisers and dealers;
- accountants and referees;
- banks and financial institutions;
- government bodies.
The circumstances in which third parties provide us with information may include in connection with purchase or service requirements, employment or finance applications, account management and complaints.
2. Website information collection
When visiting our website, you will not be required to provide us with any personal information unless you request information about our equipment or finance or respond to a promotion. If you do, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your enquiry with us.
3. Use of personal information
We may only use your personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries about our equipment, finance products and insurances;
- to assess whether we can provide you (or associated persons) with our products or services including the equipment and finance you require;
- for credit assessment and collections purposes;
- assess your application to guarantee the repayment of finance we are considering providing;
- to provide you with, or to manage any of, our facilities, website, products, or services;
- provide customer support;
- to confirm and verify your identity and other information including as part of obligations under anti-money laundering law;
- to respond to communications including to deal with enquiries about our products or services;
- to promote our equipment and/or finance products;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to obtain legal and compliance advice about our obligations;
- in connection with defending, protecting and/or enforcing our legal rights and interests including defending a complaint, claim or other action;
- to comply with our obligations at law and to support us to engage with relevant regulators;
- to perform other operational functions and activities associated with managing our relationship with you including internal administration, account management, product or service development, compliance audits/reviews, and complaints management;
- any other purpose permitted by the Act.
4. Disclosure of personal information
Third parties may include:
- any person authorised by you (including referees, employers, contractors, accountants,, advisers, brokers and guarantors);
- Credit reporters;
- businesses that support provision of our services (e.g. computer systems consultants, document custodians, mailing houses, lawyers, accountants, electronic identity verification providers etc) to enable them to perform those services;
- insurers, insurance advisers and brokers, and insurance assessors;
- banks and other financial institutions;
- debt collection agencies and auction houses;
- companies to which we are related;
- Government authorities and regulatory bodies, as required by law only;
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law.
A business that supports provision of our services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean that personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand. Where information is provided to our service providers outside New Zealand, we require them to comply with our information management policies and procedures so your information has the same protections as if managed in New Zealand.
We may also provide your information to, and receive your information from, a credit reporter (CR). We may:
- Disclose your personal information to Equifax New Zealand Information Services & Solutions Limited credit reporters for credit assessment or collections purposes.
- Use information provided by the CR for credit assessment and collections purposes, including:
- your name, address and date of birth;
- current and previous credit account history;
- default history;
- any court or other proceedings – summons, judgment and insolvency actions;
- serious credit infringements history, covering fraudulently obtaining, or attempting to obtain finance or shown an intention to avoid repayment obligations.
- Notify the CR of any overdue payments, provided they are more than 30 days overdue, we have attempted to collect the payment and we have notified you of our intention to do so.
- Notify the CR of a serious credit infringement if we have reasonable grounds to believe you fraudulently obtained, or attempted to obtain, credit from us or that you have shown an intention to evade your obligations under the contract with us.
In addition, we may provide your identification details to both the CRB and Realyou Limited trading as RealAML to:
- check those details with a document issuer or official record holder via third party systems to confirm your identity; and
- assist in our compliance with Australia’s Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing laws
Where information is provided to our service providers in Japan, USA, Germany, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea, China and New Zealand, we require them to comply with our information management policies and procedures so your information has the same protections as if managed in New Zealand.
5. How we protect personal information
We will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to keep personal information safe from loss and from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
6. Information Access
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us by mail, phone or email, as listed in (8) below.
You can also access the information the CR holds about you by contacting them for a copy of that information at:
Equifax New Zealand Information Services & Solutions Limited
Free phone line: 0800 692 733
Postal: Private Bag 92156, Victoria Street, Auckland
If any information is incorrect, out of date or incomplete, you have the right to have that information updated and corrected. If, for any valid reason, we refuse to correct your information, you may request that we attach a statement to the personal information noting the correction sought.
7. Complaints and Concerns
IIf you have any complaints or queries about how we manage your information or you no longer wish to receive marketing materials please contact us by mail, phone or email, as listed in (8) below.
Postal Address: 433 Rangitikei Street, Cloverlea, Palmerston North, 4412
Phone: 0800 123 015